I feel as if I had some success this year and some massive failures.
2010 Challenge Review:
When I came up with this idea to challenge myself. I didn't have any real goals. I just said that I would try to make things that I haven't done or haven't been able to do in the past, so I guess I completed by challenge by making a pair of socks, making the trial runs of the bsj, using patterns (something I never do), learning how to dye yarn and...hmmm...what else...I know there had to be more. I guess not. :(
I am going to pat myself on the back for 15 seconds for making the socks, but that is about it, cause Olivia is still sweaterless and I didn't make anything with cables or learn how to color knit. Considering I didn't give myself any real goal expect for do things that I never done before I guess I completed the challenge. I guess I just expected more from myself. O well, you live and you learn. I guess I better really think about the 2011 challenge.
- Launched this blog
- Finally figured out why Raverly is sooooooooo awesome
- Made new knitting buddies (in real life and online) - Hey Rachel, Jan, Jackie, Miguel and Deena!
- Over 400 people have viewed my knitting a lifeline video on YouTube. The funny thing is that I put that video up to teach friends how to create lifelines. I haven't done anything to promote this video. Who knew that other people would find it useful?
- Organized a knitters take over the Q Train meetup - we didn't take over the entire train, but we did take up most of a car :)
- Discovered new yarns
- Finished 9.5 objects
- Purchased my Strauch Fiber Yarn Winder - I am not sure if that is a success, but I really like it and it makes me so happy
- Cataloged most of my yarn stash, finished objects and current projects
- My first pair of socks - given to Mr. Crawford
- Meandering Rib Scarf - For Mr. Crawford - he doesn't have it yet
- Baby Surprise - Trial Run Not Given to Anyone
- Wash cloths - Given to Baby Olivia
- Rainbow Double Crochet Blanket - Given to Amanda
- Rainbow Lucy Blanket - Given to Baby Olivia
- Hello Kitty Dish Cloth - Not sure where it is
- Lucy Scarf - I am using it
- UGLY Blue and White Slipper Socks - Gave them to Amanda
- Dyed Yarn - Not sure if I can consider this a fo, because I didn't make anything with the yarn; I just dyed it.
Almost Finished Objects:
- Magic Rib Scarf - For Debra
- Baby Surprise Jacket - Baby Olivia
- Can't get rid of my knitter's block
- Cable Black Hat - For Mr. Crawford - Kept jacking up the pattern - Frogged
- Gray Meandering Ribbed Scarf - For Mr. Crawford - Didn't think it was long enough, so I pulled it out and was to keep knitting it, but realized I pulled it out from the wrong end and ruined it. - Frogged
- Keep buying yarn and not doing anything with it
- Green Sock - Didn't have point protectors on my needles and lost my sock :( - Frogged
On a whole I am happy with my 2010 crafting year, but I really need to make my 2010 knitting challenge a real challenge with real measurable goals. I guess I should start writing them down now, so I can share them with you in my next post. Until then enjoy the rest of 2010!