12.28.2010

Holiday Recap!


Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. I did. It is nothing like spending time with your family and then getting stuck on a bus for 15 hours! My dumb ass got a bus from DC to New York City during a blizzard. Don't ask me why? I was determined to get back to NYC to go to work the following day. The funny thing is that I got back and still can't go to work, because my neighborhood is shut down and I can't get into the city.

Even though I had a great time with my family and I finished all of my holiday shopping I did not meet all of my knitting goals for this Christmas. :(


  • Baby Olivia BSJ is still in the same place it has been for the past couple of weeks, so I compensated by buying her a bunch of cute little shirts and leggings.
  • Deb's scarf is only 50% done. I showed it to her to let her know that is being worked on.
  • Mr. Crawford's box of knitted goodies turned into Mr. Crawford's box of random things. Thankfully Suzy finished a hat a scarf, so he had something handmade in the box. I really need to finish this stuff ASAP, because one I don't want to drag these over due projects into 2011 and I want the owners to have their objects.
My sister gave me a cool knitting tool in my stocking. She put a pair of Clover Knit Lite Knitting Needles - Size 8 in my stocking. Every time we go to AC Moore I look at them and wonder if I should get them. So I was really happy that she got them for me.

Knit Lite Needles Review:

Really great concept. I have been in several situations where I wished I had them and now that I do, I hope I remember to use them. Lucky for me the scarf I am working on for my cousin is being worked on a size 8 needle, so I able to use them on the bus returning to New York.

Pros:
  • The light is really helpful when you are working in a dark place or you are working with dark yarn.
  • The light isn't so bright that it will disturb the people around you.
  • Great for slippery yarn.
Cons:
  • Uses 6 watch batteries to power them up. I have a feeling it is going to cost me an arm and leg to replace the batteries.
  • The batteries are not easy to put in. I had to put them in several times before they worked.
  • Battery life isn't great. One of the lights had died already and I didn't use them for very long.
  • Not the best quality needles. (I am an addi turbo girl, aka a needle snob, but they are great for this slippery yarn that I am using to make the scarf.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes Christmas was great. As usual seeing my sister was the best gift I received. And spending time with the family is always wonderful. Hopefully we never forget what a cherished gift family and friends are.

    Of course my sister made my Christmas gift wish come true as she always does. She gave me my Bose Ipod dock so I don't have to get up from were ever I am to change the song or go to a playlist. I am so happy :), but as Trina I found pro and cons with the needles, I have found pro and cons with the docking system, As I play with it more, I will develop a list of changes to send to Mr. Bose for the future upgrades they will be making to the docking system.

    I hope you all had a very merry and joyous Christmas and I wish you all a very blessed and prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete