Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. I did. It is nothing like spending time with your family and then getting stuck on a bus for 15 hours! My dumb ass got a bus from DC to New York City during a blizzard. Don't ask me why? I was determined to get back to NYC to go to work the following day. The funny thing is that I got back and still can't go to work, because my neighborhood is shut down and I can't get into the city.
Even though I had a great time with my family and I finished all of my holiday shopping I did not meet all of my knitting goals for this Christmas. :(
- Baby Olivia BSJ is still in the same place it has been for the past couple of weeks, so I compensated by buying her a bunch of cute little shirts and leggings.
- Deb's scarf is only 50% done. I showed it to her to let her know that is being worked on.
- Mr. Crawford's box of knitted goodies turned into Mr. Crawford's box of random things. Thankfully Suzy finished a hat a scarf, so he had something handmade in the box. I really need to finish this stuff ASAP, because one I don't want to drag these over due projects into 2011 and I want the owners to have their objects.
Knit Lite Needles Review:
Really great concept. I have been in several situations where I wished I had them and now that I do, I hope I remember to use them. Lucky for me the scarf I am working on for my cousin is being worked on a size 8 needle, so I able to use them on the bus returning to New York.
- The light is really helpful when you are working in a dark place or you are working with dark yarn.
- The light isn't so bright that it will disturb the people around you.
- Great for slippery yarn.
- Uses 6 watch batteries to power them up. I have a feeling it is going to cost me an arm and leg to replace the batteries.
- The batteries are not easy to put in. I had to put them in several times before they worked.
- Battery life isn't great. One of the lights had died already and I didn't use them for very long.
- Not the best quality needles. (I am an addi turbo girl, aka a needle snob, but they are great for this slippery yarn that I am using to make the scarf.)