1.02.2011

#2011 #Crafting #Resolutions

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope your 2011 is off to a great start. Mine is. I started the new year really look key. Went out with two friends and had a drama free night. I hope that NYE represents the way the rest of my year will be. Surrounded by fun/chill people, drinking good drinks and eating some yummy/healthy food.

After much thought, I am finally ready to share my 2011 knitting resolutions with all of you.

For Resolutions the Urban Knits Blog:

  1. Post twice a week.

  2. Try to promote the blog more. I have to say I am surprised by the number of subscribers that I have now without any promotion. Thank you all of taking an interest in my blog. :)

  3. Try to figure out to get more reader participation. I love that people are reading. the blog. I would love for you guys to start commenting and sharing your opinions on here. This blog isn't a one way street. Thank you to the people have been posting comments recently.

  4. Revamp the look of the blog.

  5. Tweet more. Use twitter more than just a place to post the posting. You can follow me on twitter @UrbanKnitsBlog.

For Knitting/Crochet Resolutions:

At first I had this crazy idea to dedicate this year to Elizabeth's Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac and do a Julie Julia type thing. At first I thought it was a great idea, but started going through the book and realized that some of the patterns are still a little too confusing to me and I may not want to make all of the items in the book. So I decided to make my own version of the knitter's almanac. With that I will be able to accomplish all of the goals that I have for myself in 2011.

  1. Knit more!

  2. Can't watching crappy TV unless I am knitting

  3. Finish at least 15 projects this year

  4. Plot each month's project a month in advance

  5. Blog about the projects in depth

  6. Get rid of all my super crappy acrylic yarn

  7. Make something for myself (on purpose)

  8. Give 3 knitted/crocheted Christmas gifts this year

  9. Make something with cables

  10. Learn how to make socks toe up/2 socks at one

  11. Learn how to color knit or double knit

  12. Don't take 7 months to finish a simple project

  13. Do something really adventurous for the Ravelympics 2011.
I hope I can create my almanac and keep all of these goals. If I start to slip, keep me in check.

1 comment:

  1. WOO-HOO!!!! Go, girl!!! I will do my best to encourage you and keep you accountable towards those goals. Now -- what's your focus for January? Where are you starting? I'm excited to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete