After much thought, I am finally ready to share my 2011 knitting resolutions with all of you.
For Resolutions the Urban Knits Blog:
- Post twice a week.
- Try to promote the blog more. I have to say I am surprised by the number of subscribers that I have now without any promotion. Thank you all of taking an interest in my blog. :)
- Try to figure out to get more reader participation. I love that people are reading. the blog. I would love for you guys to start commenting and sharing your opinions on here. This blog isn't a one way street. Thank you to the people have been posting comments recently.
- Revamp the look of the blog.
- Tweet more. Use twitter more than just a place to post the posting. You can follow me on twitter @UrbanKnitsBlog.
At first I had this crazy idea to dedicate this year to Elizabeth's Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac and do a Julie Julia type thing. At first I thought it was a great idea, but started going through the book and realized that some of the patterns are still a little too confusing to me and I may not want to make all of the items in the book. So I decided to make my own version of the knitter's almanac. With that I will be able to accomplish all of the goals that I have for myself in 2011.
- Knit more!
- Can't watching crappy TV unless I am knitting
- Finish at least 15 projects this year
- Plot each month's project a month in advance
- Blog about the projects in depth
- Get rid of all my super crappy acrylic yarn
- Make something for myself (on purpose)
- Give 3 knitted/crocheted Christmas gifts this year
- Make something with cables
- Learn how to make socks toe up/2 socks at one
- Learn how to color knit or double knit
- Don't take 7 months to finish a simple project
- Do something really adventurous for the Ravelympics 2011.