6.14.2010

2010 Challenge

I have been knitting for about 6 years. During this time I have made a lot of great things, but they have all been really simple or just things that I made up. So I decided that this year I would challenge myself. Trying things that I never done before or were afraid to do.

I am enjoying these challenges!

For years, I was terrified of making socks, so I made the first challenge socks. I gave to my friend Adrian.
The second challenge was Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. This was the first sweater that I ever made. It was easier than I thought.


Third challenge was hand dying.


The fourth challenge was an adult sized crochet blanket that I made for Amanda's 31st birthday. This was a challenge is because I am not a crocheter and I have never made a blanket for an adult. The blanket was just simple double crochets, but it was something I never could do correctly no matter how hard I tried. Even though the design was easy the blanket was hard work between the size and trying to make it right. It is not perfect (the edges are really crazy), but it is made by hand and with love. I hope she enjoys it.


Upcoming challenges:
Baby Surprise Jacket with stripes
Toe up socks
Cables
2 socks at one time
Color Knitting or Double Knitting





No comments:

Post a Comment