7.18.2010

Houston, We Have a PROBLEM!


It is official that I no longer know how to knit. Or that I have the attention span of a ti-ti fly.

Today was laundry day and I figured I would get in a little laundromat knitting. So I grabbed Mr. Crawford's scarf and headed to the laundromat. Surprisingly, it wasn't packed so I was able to get a seat. (Did everyone leave Brooklyn this weekend? I guess I missed the memo to get out of town. Too bad cause I could use a couple of days out of New York. I think I need to cash my miles in really soon.)

Anyways, I totally screwed up the scarf. It is not completely over, because I have my lifeline, but my lifeline is really far down. If I have to go that far down, then I will really spiral deeper into my knitting depression.

I don't know what is going on. I am fucking everything up.

UGH! Maybe I need to retire from knitting until I get my life in order. Maybe my mind isn't settled, because I am too busy trying to figure out how to fix this mess I call my life.

So right now I have a jacked up sweater and a jacked up scarf on the needles. UGH! What happened to the days when I had things on my needles forever and there were no major mistakes? I guess my knitting is representing my screwed up state of my mind.

Wish me luck. I am going to attempt to fix the scarf and put in a new lifeline.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch... I've not been knitting long enough to hit that spot in knitting, but I've hit it in other areas: when for some reason you can't seem to do anything right and nothing will do what you ask it to do. I usually end up in a ball of tears at those moments (its not hard to push me to tears). Luckily, these times do pass, though often not as fast as we'd like them.

    ReplyDelete