9.28.2010

Don't Talk About it, Be About It!


One of my favorite "street"/urban phrases that I hear on the subway all of the time is "don't talk about it, be about it." The phrase popped into my head while I was working on Olivia's BSJ and I had to use the phrase as my next blog post title.

I've been talking about her BSJ for months, but I have nothing to show for all of my lip flapping and finger tapping. So I stopped talking about it and I have been working on it. As you can see from my Ravelry progress bar I am about 80% done. Finally!

Please Jesus, let me get to the end. If this thing is not done, by my next trip to Maryland, I am having a fire sale and I am giving away all of my knitting needles and yarn. Cause I can not call myself a knitter if I can't finish a little BSJ by Thanksgiving. (Stay back vultures I haven't given up yet.)

I should also put that same challenge to myself for Mr. Crawford's scarf. How the hell am I still in the same place as I was a month ago? Maybe I need to talk a therapist about my knitting issues.

Even though I am not knitting I am still shopping for knitting paraphernalia (that will be the topic of my next post.)

Anyways back to the BSJ.

It is really cute and snuggly (I made it out of cotton). I can't wait to finish it.

I found the cutest Hello Kitty buttons on eBay. I think the buttons will be a cute touch to the sweater.

If my weekend goes as planned, then I should be closer to the finish line by the end of the weekend.


The funny thing is that when Martha (Olivia's Mom) and I originally talked about me making the BSJ we both thought it would be cute to make it out of cotton. But instead of remembering that conversation and starting with a cotton sweater I went to Lion Brand and bought the merino wool. I guess Miss. Olivia isn't interested in wool. Cause this cotton one is moving right along.

The question now is what am I going to do with the 6 or 8 balls of pink and purple merino wool that I bought for her sweater. I can't return it for the red merino that I have ogling for months, because I opened it and Suzy balled it. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment