3.05.2011

Issues!

I broke a major goal already...I purchased yarn today. After today's purchase from School Products I started to wonder if I have a serious problem, but I couldn't figure out what the problem is.

Am I addicted to yarn or am I just a cookie cutter hoarder?
I must confess that I love watching reality based documentaries like AE's Hoarder's, TLC's Buried Alive and TLC's Strange Addiction. I am so fascinated by how people's mind work and how they end up living in such horrible conditions. How do they live in homes with 25 dead rabbits and 1000 pounds of shitty diapers with no running water?

When I got home after buying several balls of
Karbella yarn. I was on a high thinking of all of the things that I am going to make and then I got home and opened my little storage space where I keep my stash and realized that I did it again. I purchased yarn, that I have no real plans for. It will sit in my plastic tub for years to come. When I look at all of the yarn sitting in the plastic container I realized that I had big dreams for all of them when I purchased and none of them have come true.

As I stood in my storage area I think back on the many hoarding reality shows that I have watched and I could hear the words that they all say. "I can't throw this out, because I plan use this. I know exactly what I am going to use it for. I just haven't had the time to do it, but as soon as I have the chance I will start it."

At that moment, I realized that I am no better than the woman who lives in the house filled with shitty diapers and that I do not hoard everything I just love the fiber goodness. I am afraid that one day I am going wake up in a house surrounded in yarn and AE will be knocking at my at door trying to tape an episode of Hoarders called the Yarn Lady episode.

My question is would it be so bad to live in house that is filled with yarn. I don't think so. :) Yarn is a million times better than shitty diapers.


I am not going to beat myself up over today's purchase, because School Products is a great store and I like supporting it. I like the owners and it is the oldest yarn shop in New York City. Plus I am working on fighting another addiction...french fries. I guess if I had to let one of my additions take over this week I would rather be yarn than the french fries.


With that being said...I need to figure out how I am going use my stash in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment